Saturday, July 23, 2011

Long Post

Sorry I haven't been posting lately.  I haven't really been in the mood to quilt or do anything for a while.  It's just gotten so hot here lately, all I want to do is sit in front of the AC and not move.  Between work and school and kids home for the summer, life has been busy.  But, my class ends this next week, and I have almost 3 weeks before I start full-time classes.  So, I have started doing a bit of organizing and such of fabric. 
I started by going through one of the tubs of fabric.  Just thrown in there, willy-nilly, badly needing ironing fabric. 
There are at least 8 tubs like this one.  
So, I started sorting, ironing, etc.  I threw away pieces I thought were too small.  Can there ever be a too small piece of fabric? 
The one on the left I kept, the one on the right I did throw away, but I had a hard time doing it! 
So, I sort, iron, and stack. 

This was when I had just started, but you get the picture. 
I kept finding fabrics where I wondered, "what was I thinking?"
This one is ok, it'll work good for civil war reproductions.

No clue what I had in mind for this, or even when I bought it!  Donation!

This is ok, it'll get cut up and used up!
I found these, but don't even remember making them!  I think my memory is going away...
So, I have maybe 1/4 of the bin sorted, it's a take my own sweet time project, because I am working on other things too.  I made this sample block using scraps:
I love this, used fusible webbing, machine buttonhole stitch, I'll do the embroidery by hand.
Hancock's here locally was clearing out fabric for $1.00 a yard, yes, $1.00 a yard!  I bought over 30 yards!

These go together, I'm thinking a baby quilt. 
With the addition of new fabrics, that's kind of what got me to start going through the old stuff.  But, I have also been working on the wedding quilt, wanna see?
Ruler work and background stippling.

This is the top of the feathered heart that is trapuntoed.

Here you can see the back rolled up on the take up roller.  I may actually get this quilt done before the big day!
When I am in the quilting process, about halfway done, I get tired of it, I just want it done, don't want to see it anymore, etc, etc, etc.  Does anybody else get that way? Now though, I am more than halfway done, and the end is in sight.  I find myself though thinking about the next quilt to go on the frame.  Does that mean I'm obsessed? 
Hope everyone has a good weekend, and keep on quilting,
Marianne

18 comments:

  1. Love that three flower applique block. It's in my colorway that I use so often. Kinda 30ish, but a little brighter.

    No telling how long you have had those nine patches. They are so versatile that you just can't help but make some from time to time. You find a bag of squares in a drawer or a box and you just want to see how they look together, and the next thing you know - you have a stack of really cute nine patches. And then you stick them in the same drawer where you found the patches. Three years later . . .

    If I ever get my computer reconfigured (and my year ago backup has the picture - cross your fingers), I'll send you the really nice simple quilt to use up those nine patches.

    I also just ordered Marti Michelle's 101 Nine Patch Quilt book from abebooks. I've been waiting for a coupon and they finally sent me one. Some of those quilts seem so planned - not my style at all.

    Meeting is Friday. We'd love to see you.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete