Friday, December 14, 2012

What am I working on today?

Today, I finished the string blocks for Bonnie Hunter's, Blue Skies, from her book: String Fling, scrappy, happy and loving it.  Over the past week, I turned these:
Into these:
And finally to these:
Now, onto making over a thousand half square triangles.  Yikes.  It's going to be great when it's done though.  Only problem? My scraps seem to be multiplying! :)
On the home front, school is over for this semester, and I have a month before it begins again.  And, my oldest son moved out, so his room will be turned into the sewing room!  Yippee!!! Oh, and my two youngest kids are going to their Dad's for Christmas and New Year's.  So, I will be cleaning house, and rearranging and moving sewing gear and fabrics.  The quilting machine and such will stay where it is, it fits perfectly there, but I will have a room where I can close the door on the mess.  Can we get a whoop whoop!!
So, time to get cracking on some more sewing today.  I am trying to get clue 4 of Bonnie Hunter's
easy street mystery quilt done, or at least some of it done today.  Have to be at work by 3.  Why does life have to get in the way all the time?:)
I do however, have all the other clues done, and for once they are all in one container:





 Yep, time to get sewing! 
Hope every one has a great day.
Happy quilting,
Marianne



No comments:

Post a Comment