Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Found quilts

Does anybody else start cleaning and find quilts that they forgot they had made? Please tell me I am not the only one. LOL. I got the cleaning bug today to clean the kitchen/dining room where we have a large cabinet that houses a lot of quilts and sheets. I also rearranged the dining room. This was fueled by lots of energy and lots of caffeine. I got rid 2 large bags of blankets and sheets we no longer use (my daughter hasn't used power puff girl sheets in years!)
I found a bunch of quilts I made when I first got the quilting bug:
This was my very first quilt. I made it after watching Kaye Woods on PBS. I was hooked from that point on.






I love looking at all the fabrics I used, mainly calicos, etc. This was in the mid 90's. Oh I have come a long way, now I know about batiks, etc.
These quilts are all going into vacuum seal bags and into storage for a few months.
But what do I do about all of these?
These are my more current quilts, in the sewing room closet. Oh well, the sewing room is another day. Right now, have to finish a bunch of Christmas presents. Anyone else doing a homemade Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment