Friday, October 4, 2013

LE update

I have finally started part 1 of The Love Entwined  quilt. So far so good.
I love the colors, the round circles are temporarily basted down until I can hand applique them.  I made them larger, I tried, I really did but the original circles were half the size, and there was no way! Yikes.  As it is, I will be using my handy dandy magnifying glass to applique these down.
Here is the back view:

I forgot how much I love hand piecing.  It's so relaxing, and forgiving. This whole quilt is basically appliqued, with some piecing, I will be doing this all by hand.  I think this will be another 2 year project!
I also found my other camera with the pictures of the latest quilt I finished. I did this one for a coworker at work, she had a little girl in June, so I was a little bit late. 




I love how it turned out, and hopefully, I can get back to my machine and get some of them done.  (I say that a lot).

And, a cute picture of the Hiro dog.  Isn't he the cutest?  I caught him napping on the couch.  His eyes always come out blue in pictures, don't know why.  Oh well. A mystery.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Happy quilting,
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment