Monday, January 10, 2011

Problems with computer

So, I have been having issues with my computer.  Like, it not allowing me to download any pictures from a media card, etc.  And being very slow.  So, today I did a very indepth scan and found  a couple of problems which have been taken care of.  So, I have more pics of my progress on my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  This is a pile of chain pieced pieces.
These are the unfinished blocks.
This is the first row of the quilt.  I am so excited! 
And this is the green I decided on for the inner border. 
Trust me, it's worse in person.  I thought I would go blind while cutting it.  But, it's cut at 1 3/4 inches wide for the borders so it's doable.  I am trying to use up fabric that I now wonder "what was I thinking?". I quit sewing after the first row, but I started another project, the "I need to organize this cr-er- fabric project.  So far, I have emptied 3 bins of fabric.  I pressed (never iron), and cut a bunch of fabric into strips, 2 inch, 3 inch, 4, 5, and 6 inch squares.  I am trying to organize them so that I can just sew instead of having to dig through everything, then cut, etc.  Its a time saver for sure.  With me hopefully starting school next month, I need to save any time I can. 

Well, more pictures next time (unless the computer decides to go nutso again), 


  1. What a gorgeous block!! I love all the pieces and parts...hope you are having fun!!

  2. I love how your RRCB is turning out. I love all the pastels in your string blocks. Nice job.