Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New pieces for frame

Well, I had to get some new pieces for my frame. The first time a ratchet pin broke on the frame, I thought I had maybe tightened it too much.  Then it happened to 2 more, and I was using shelf pins to hold it, thinking I really like my quilts too tight.  Turns out, it isn't me.  Word is on my yahoo groups that several other people have had their pins break too, and more than once.  So, I called, and they sent me 4 replacement pieces. 
 The one on the left is the broken one, the one on the right is the new one.  They work great.  Except for the quilt top roller which is on the bottom, the pin can't go up high enough to release, so I had to move it down one screw.
It was an ez fix and I am now back up and running with a tighter quilt top and bottom.  Yippee!  I also now have this:
I can now quilt and sew in blessed cool air.  Our central ac gave out long ago, and we have been using window units, but none in the living room (aka sewing room), now I can quilt and sew anytime of day.  I am so happy. 
Onto other projects, I am still working on this:
It's coming along very nicely, and I can't wait to get it done.  The top had been sitting around for a few years. Yes, I do eventually get stuff done, it just may take a while :). I am quilting feathered wreaths, stippling and crosshatching.  It's an experiment of sorts, to see exactly what my system is capable of.  It's capable of a lot!
Well, time to go.  Oh, I put a tip up on my tutorial page of how I mark my spacing lines for quilting space. Check it out.  Later, Marianne



No comments:

Post a Comment