Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WARNING! Long post, lots of pictures!

I haven't posted in a while, so lots of catch up time today.  I have been trying to get ready for college next month.  I am finishing up to be a Medical Assistant.  About 9 years ago, I went to school to be  Medical  Coder/Biller, and now am going on  to be an Assistant.  So, my attention will be diverted from quilting  for a while (I will still quilt, don't get me wrong, can't give that up! ). 
 This saturday, I will be at a local flea market, and selling some quilts.  Yikes! Other people looking and maybe buying some of my quilts.  Like this one:
Or this one:
Or these:

I am really hoping people like these.  I have no where to store them, so they have to go.  That, and I have way too much fabric, and need to make room for more ( I mean room to walk around, LOL) 

Another thing I like to do besides buy fabric, is collect old quilting magazines and patterns.  I found this one when going through some stuff in my room.  I had forgotten all about it.  


I bought these at an antique mall when we (my ex and I ) lived in New Mexico, 14-15 years ago.  I got these and some old Dresden Plate blocks, I know they are around here somewhere, I saw those last year, but I forgot all about these.  I think these will be the next version of Sunbonnet Sue I make.  Now, if I could just remember where I put them this time. LOL. 
Here is my latest project on the frame:
quilt on frame

Stitch in ditch with ruler and ruler foot

first real feather!
 One problem I am having with this quilt is I tried floating it, and it's not staying on straight, and puckering bad on the back.  So, I have to take out the stitching ( I haven't done more than 1/4 of a row, so it's not too bad ) and use the take up roller, roll back and forth.  A little more time-consuming but dooable.  
So, I am now off to study this: 
I have to take the TABE test, and totally bombed it last time, so this book seemed right up my alley LOL.  
And last but not least:
My oldest turned 19 last week.  I can't believe it!  I was his age when his dad and I got engaged!  19 when engaged, 20 when married, and 21 when he was born.  His girlfriend Hollie, made him the cake, and did a great job.  She'll be studying culinary arts in the fall, and I think she'll do great.  He will either be graduating from college this fall or in December, depending what he takes this summer.  I can't believe my kids are all growing up.  (I"m thinking his room will make a great sewing room). 
Until later, have a great day, and Happy Quilting. 
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment