Saturday, June 18, 2011

A bit of a boo-boo

So, I have been working on quilting my Trail Mix quilt, whipping along and this happens:
See where the seam split?  Argh!  Oh well, I am going to have to fix it when the quilt is done, and if I can find the spot. 
There is so much quilting in this particular quilt that this is what my thread cone looks like:


I have been using it in the top and the bobbin.  To give ya'll a clue, I go through 2-3 bobbins per row of quilting.  So, on the way home from work today, I stopped off at Hancock's and got this:
I just had a feeling I would run out if I didn't get more, so there you go.  I also bought some fabric, but not a whole lot.  They are having a tremendous clearance sale, and I really had to hold myself back.  I should not be allowed to shop by myself anymore, I get myself in trouble!  LOL.
On the wedding quilt news, I have the stencil and the borders all drawn out, and I hope to get started on the trapunto work this week.  I do have a test on Monday though, so that has to come first.  But, all in all, I have things under control, for a while anyway. 
No new pictures of the fantabulous Mr. Hiro today, but we did finally get some of this today:

It finally  rained today!  Yippee!  Maybe now, things will turn green instead of brown.  Although, the kudzu vines will now overtake everything-  quick, grab a machete and start chopping.  Seriously, they need very little encouragement. 
Happy quilting,
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment