Thursday, September 29, 2011

finally something new to post about

I have been so very neglectful to my blog.  School is getting better, five weeks to go in this first semester, one more semester to go! Some days, I haven't even gotten 5 minutes of sewing time in!  But, I am spending tomorrow doing some reorganizing and cleaning of the sewing room (aka the living room), and hopefully make it more friendly for me to actually sew in.  Oh, and I am getting myself an Accuquilt Baby Go cutter to help things along by maybe getting some of these scraps under control.  They have a great special going on right now, where you get some mats and the value die free if you buy the cutter too. Special goes on until October 2nd.  I can't wait to get it!  I will be posting about that, for sure.
So, this is what I finished about a week ago. 

I love this quilt, it was so much fun.  I think I did a tutorial on it somewhere a few posts back.  My memory gets a wee bit fuzzy sometimes :).  This quilt used a good amount of scraps, so it was great to make. 
This is a picture of the quilting.  You can tell I haven't had time to trim it.  It'll join the stack that are waiting trimming and binding.  I really am a procrastinator in that aspect.  I have one quilt I zig-zagged the edges, and have been using it that way for a couple of years! :)


Picture of the back.  Use up those scraps baby!  Very few of my quilts have just one fabric for the backing.  I like to use up as much as I can so I can buy more!  ( is it sad that I can't wait to finish school so I can have a full-time job to pay for more fabric? ) LOL. 

Hopefully, it won't be so long before my next post.  I am thinking about maybe doing a weekly post doing a quilt along type thing, with simple blocks and instructions once a week.  Whatdayathink?

Happy quilting,
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment