Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back with pictures.

Yay, I am back to blogging, and with pictures, who would've thunk it? :).  I have been fairly busy sewing these dresses lately:




 Aren't they cute?  I am listing them on an Etsy shop, I'll post the link at a  later date.  This is a wonderful way to use up some of these fabrics I have been hoarding, correction, collecting.  I am also working on some bags from recycled items, and adding some embroidery into my projects.  And, speaking of embroidery.  I was at the local Hancock's fabric store yesterday, and spotted this, with a clearance tag on it:
 I have been wanting a machine that just does embroidery for a very long time.  I have been salivating over this every time I go into the store, but it just wasn't in the budget.  Well, they are no longer selling them at this store, so they really, really discounted it.  I got the last one that was in the box.  I am so, so happy.  I have already done 3 different designs on it.  Here is one of them:

It comes with 2 different size hoops that are a nice size, and it's very easy to use. That was one of the factors for getting this particular machine. 
Alas, my poor mystery quilt has been put on the back burner for a while:
I am about half done, but there is good news.  Next week is spring break, and the kids and I are off from class the entire week.  So, this quilt is getting done!  For an entire week, no getting up early, no homework, just free time, and I am going to enjoy it. 
Well, I hope every one has a great day, as for me I am going to do some napping (my allergies are going haywire, and I am going to take some meds), I have an interview for my PE site today, and then I will be sewing. 
Happy Quilting,
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment