It's finally finished! After about 5 years, I finally finished my Rose Wreath quilt.
It is very large. My frame only goes up to a queen size, and this was pushing it!
|detail of crosshatching in borders.|
|detail of feathered wreath.|
I had never really done feathers, at least not wreath feathers, or ruler work before. I think I am hooked! It was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again. I have several quilts that would look great with some old-fashioned detail work.
Now, onto my problem frame. I broke 2 more take up pins within the last 4 inches of quilting. I kid you not. I have 1 more spare part out of the 4 they sent me. I am extremely disappointed in this one particular part of the frame. Otherwise, I love it. It's sturdy and solid, and very well built, but for that one piece. So, I went about trying to find a way to fix the part on my own, rather than calling the company again for a part that will probably break again. I went to my second home-the hardware store. (My dad worked at an Ace Hardware for over 30 years, so hardware stores are one of my favorite stores, behind quilting shops, and bookstores) Anyway, I picked up these:
These are flat shelf pins. I drilled a hole where the plastic take up pin broke off,and inserted it:
The only problem is it's a little too tall, so I removed the cover off the top. It works though, and that's the most important thing. I also did this:
I got some 5 inch high bed risers and raised the frame up several inches, because I am 5' 9", and my back was getting to hurting. It also seems to have fixed my leveling problem for now.
Until later, have a great day,