Thursday, July 26, 2012

Another finish!

I finally finished another quilt.  Ok, the binding needs to be done, but it has been quilted!  ( I wonder how long it will take for me to do the binding, the record is about a year or so:)).  Anyway, it's another quiltville pattern, the spider web pattern:

Here it is in the frame, I went ahead with a regular ol stipple quilting design on it.
Here it is fresh from the frame.
The backing fabric is a sunflower and pumpkin pattern.  I have no idea why I bought so many yards of this fabric, but I used a lot for the backing, and still have alot left over!  It will be showing up in future quilts.  :)
Here is the thread I used:
It's signature poly core light gold color.  I love it, it blended in perfectly!

I also found this at the local thrift store:

 It's an older Sears Kenmore sewing machine, I can't remember the model number right off the top of my head,but it was made in the early 70's, and the thing is heavy!  It even has a service tag on the case!  I got a great deal on it, the gentleman tried to run it, and it wouldn't let the needle go down, but I could tell it was something to do with the bobbin.  Yep, the shuttle was in wrong.  The tension is all wonky, but I am working on that.  Otherwise, it's in great shape!  I love Kenmores, the ones I have had are great.

So now, I am going to go work on my next project:
 I am doing a different spin on a tulip quilt.  I would usually applique pastel colors onto a white background, but I decided to go bold with a black background, and bold colors for the tulips.  I love it so far!  I have done about 6 blocks, and a lot more to go. 

Hope everyone is having a great day, 

No comments:

Post a Comment