Friday, February 1, 2013

Quilt show 2013

Just got back from the quilt show at the Orlando, Fl fairgrounds.  It is going on today and tomorrow.  So, be forewarned, there are lots of pictures, with some comments.  I did get to try out a Handiquilter and a Gammill.  So, there will be a new machine in my future, just not yet.  Have to finish school and get moved first.  Maybe in a couple of years. 
Onto pictures.

Beautiful embroidery



One of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts.


Gorgeous embroidery and quilting.



This quilt had a story- it was made for a mother whose son had died- it was made from his shirts.



I feel like this most days. LOL


Phenomenal work- too big to get a full picture!
This was the quiltmaker's first try at paper piecing.  Wow!


My motto- every scrap counts!

I had a great time, and can't wait for the next quilt show in our area- Titusville Fla, the Brevard Community College campus the weekend of the 16th.  Weekend after next.  I usually see people from the guild, and just have a great time. 
Hope everyone has a great day
Happy Quilting,
Marianne

1 comment:

  1. I love a quilt show post on a blog. There are very few near where I live which is a shame. Many thanks for posting all your lovely pictures. Jan x

    ReplyDelete