Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happenings lately

I didn't realize it had been a while since I posted.  I started back to class, and there is so much homework in this course.  I love it though, the instructor is really good, and wants us to go out there with a solid foundation to build off of.  Just so much homework yikes!
I have been doing some quilting though.  We have our community service this semester, and I am making a quilt to donate for a raffle.  I am making a string pieced quilt.  The blocks are on a 6 1/2 inch foundation:

The one constant in the blocks is the 1 1/2 inch tone on tone white.  I laid that down the center, then started adding strips of varying sizes:
After adding more strips the block looks like this:
Sorry, this is showing the back view after I pressed it.            

Here is the trimmed block, it finished at 6 1/2 inch unfinished. 

I finally got all the blocks sewn together:
My pile of 100 blocks.  It took longer than I thought, but worth it.  However, I do think my scrap pile has multiplied again :). That seems to happen a lot. 
I came up with a trip around the world type of layout for the blocks:
I can't wait to get it all put together and quilted.  I am hoping to get it done this week, tomorrow would be great!  Yeah, right, I have a lot to do tomorrow, but I will try to lay it all out, and have an idea of what I am doing. 
Well, back to watching "Cupcake Wars", and some online homework.  This is what watching the show got me into last week:

I made homemade applesauce cupcakes with an apple pie filling inside, and a homemade cream cheese frosting with red hots melted and added in, hence the pink color.  They may not look like much, but boy were they good! Yeah, the diet starts tomorrow, pants are getting a little bit tighter...

Hope everyone has a great week!
Happy quilting, Marianne



No comments:

Post a Comment